Re: meaningless rumor

	 Assuming that whoevever implemented PGP did not himself import
	 the cipher, but based the implementation on the EUROCRYPT '90
	 paper that was 'imported' by Springer-Verlag, I don't
	 understand what the basis would be for such a charge.  Now an
	 indictment against Springer for shipping the proceedings
	 (which contained C source code for IDEA) into the US - that
	 would be interesting...

As you say, ``assuming''.  The Feds can afford to lose that count
because of the facts of this case; they can't afford to lose on a point
of law.  I don't know what the facts are, or what they can prove about
them.  They may not, either, at this point, pending the results of the
grand jury probe.