ITARs around the world

[email protected] (Matthew Gream):
> [quoting alt.pgp.security]
> I'm afraid I have to post a clarification to a clarification. I've just
> been in contact with the relevant people at the Defence Signals
> Directorate. It seems that regardless of advice obtained from other
> departments and documentation that points to the contrary, there are
> restrictive controls on software.

Is the document mentioned the equivalent (with similar legal standing) of the
US ITAR?

When the Scandinavian countries join the EU next year, what will the
implications for crypto be? France bans it, is there any EU policy proposal?

Maybe crypto software should all be written by cheap programmers in Bangalore.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
[email protected]                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA