Re: CONTROL FREAKS

To try to cool the flames a bit...

In article <[email protected]>,
Sandy Sandfort <[email protected]> wrote:
>Come on, Jim, you've been arguing that totalitarians can ignore
>economics.  Answer my questions.  How long did the "Thousand Year
>Reich" last?  What totalitarian states can you name that have had
>any legs at all?  There are none.

I think the point isn't that totalitarian states won't last: we know
that.  The point is that those trying to establish a totalitarian
state can do a hell of a lot of damage to the rest of us before they
fail.
--
L. Todd Masco  | "Hide, witch, hide!  The good folk come to burn thee, their
[email protected]  |  keen enjoyment hid behind a gothic mask of duty." -JS/BATE