How to Handle Corrections/Additions to Cyphernomicon

Thanks all for the responses to the Cyhernomicon.

Some people have begun to send corrections, clarifications,
elaborations, etc., and others have asked me what _form_ such points
shold be made in, e.g., should they list the "16.3.1" section numbers,
etc.?

So here are some points:

1. By all means send corrections, etc., as I said in the docs (the
Release Note).

2. Include a *fragment of text* you are responding to. This will allow
me to grep for the fragment or keyword and thus make the changes.

3. The section numbers ("13.9.1") are *NOT* useful, as they change
automatically everytime I rearrange material. (By the way, I only
chose to number the stuff out to 3 levels..."MORE" will do it to any
number of levels, or mix in bullets, stars, Roman numbers, etc.)

4. If you think some points ought to be publically discussed, use your
judgement and, then, go ahead and do so. Obviously I didn't intend the
FAQ as a static, undiscussable document.

(There are themes in it that don't get enough discussion, and that
need discussion.)

--Tim May

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero