Re: First known purchase of physical goods with cyberbucks

> Anyway, if anyone knows of an earlier transaction of cyberbucks for physical
> goods than this (at 15:00 GMT 17th August 1995), then please let me know.

As far as I know, the first transaction took place when I (while
testing) bought a postcard from GlobalX, the first ecash store to
open besides our own (and mine). It is stored in the 'DigiCash
museum' next to early prototypes of all kinds of smartcards,
emulators, wallets etc.

This must have been around October last year (or August? Can't make
out the postmark). Hundreds of cards were shipped by several shops,
and stickers, lotteries, etc. Check the 'physical objects' section
on http://www.digicash.com/shops/categorical.html

Maybe you should restrict the 'first known' claim to 'first known
purchase of physical goods with cyberbucks traded at the ECM'.

Sorry!

// Marcel van der Peijl, DigiCash bv, http://www.digicash.com/~bigmac/
// The hottest instruction on a P90? JMP $ @ 2.633A or 52C (with fan)