RE: White House letter

In Message Thu, 04 Feb 93 17:02:44 -0700,
  [email protected] writes:

>Hello, I think the official cyberpunk White House (Pres. Bill Clinton)
>letter would be a great idea, although my experience is that the more
>you want to say, the more people will say "that's not for cypherpunks
>to say" or "I don't agree with that as a cypherpunk" and that it will
>be hard to build consensus. But, on the other hand, a lot of
>cypherpunks are kind of extremists that may even say some things don't
>go far enough.

     I think to start off and get attention and respect from the big white
house we should simply send our stance on encryption and why it shouldn't be
regulated.. I think this is the common goal among all the cypherpunks on
this list [ that is except the NSA folks who are listening in |-] ].

     I think, for now, we just want to let people know that there IS a
specific group of individuals who are willing to protest for their right to
privacy [you are, aren't you?] and follow up with suggestions to specific
issues in later messages to the White House.  and YES we should definately
send all our public keys along with the message.. basically telling the
government that we DO enjoy extreme privacy in part of our lives and would
like to see it extended to all forms of communication.
TTFN!

DrZaphod
[AC/DC] / [DnA][HP]
[[email protected]]