LIST RULES

Todd is new to the nets.  He sent the following to me by mistake.
He sent me another message and asked me to forward it to Cypherpunks.
Date: Fri Feb 19 12:08:02 -0700 1993
From: internet!alembic.com!todd (Todd Steigerwald)
Subject: Re: LIST RULES
To: !ssandfort

I will not "advertise" on the list as long as John prohibits it.
But I sincerely hope his prohibition does not discourage others
from discussing the issues it raises.  I would like to hear what
the rest of you think.

I do not argue with the decision to prohibit blatant advertising,
however, with the increasing awareness of the internet and its
potential, there is going to be more and more individuals that will
want to extend beyond what it is currently being employed for.
	Regardless about individual feelings and ideals as to how and
what the net should be used for, the issues WILL become increasingly
debated, more than likely resulting in the eventual acceptance of
advertising.  Simply put it is the new marketing frontier- many many
people are seeing that already, and the beliefs of the few will not
serve to stop it-as bad or good as that may be.

I will apologise beforehand since I am new to the net, but who is
John?