Poor Man's Anonymous Remailer

To compensate the List for consuming bandwidth with my "political" posting
on advertising yesterday, I thought I'd offer some ideas on easy anonymous
posting -- no remailers required.

Isn't an account that can't be traced to you anonymous?  How about an (email
only) account for $3/month billed to you (no credit cards required).

AT&T Mail (desperate for customers) charges $3/month per Email box with no
setup fee.  They do charge a minimum of 70 cents per message sent (50 cents
if you use their pricy communications software) but they charge nothing
to receive mail and give you an Internet address that looks like
[email protected].

If you open a mail receiving service box in a nome de guerre (which is not
hard to do in spite of what you might have heard), call AT&T Mail at (800)
624-5672 and sign up.  After you receive your signon info, you can drop the
box at the mail receiving service and just pay your future bills without
a printed bill.  They'll be happy to tell you what your balance is.  You can
logon to AT&T Mail anytime at (800) 624-5123.  Use a payphone if you are
really careful and enjoy anonymous posting without outside help and without
having to worry about flaky remailers.

Duncan Frissell