1000 points of light?

<[email protected]> David Mandl writes -

DM> Yup, there are dozens of reasons to want anonymity.  This
DM> should be completely obvious to anyone moving in cypherpunk
DM> circles--or alt.sex circles, where, amazingly, some
DM> well-respected sexosophists actually spoke out against anonymous
DM> posting recently.  No offense intended, but anyone who can't think
DM> of situations where anonymity is essential should get out more.
DM> Any first grader can list dozens of places where even mild
DM> blasphemy will get you locked up for a long time. [Begin Zerowork
DM> tangent] And even if you think the U.S. isn't one of them (which
DM> it is), keep in mind that most workplaces are effectively stalinist
DM> dictatorships, and bosses may not be thrilled about having their
DM> employees discuss crypto anarchy, the overthrow of governments, or
DM> S & M on the net.

 Point taken, however there will be those who will argue that, "S & M
 has no business being discussed on the net in the first place." Not
 exactly my sentiment, but you know the spiel. That type  of
 "Stalinist dictatorship" mentality inherently exists in every nook and
 cranny of society, including the nets.

 My original post was not issued as a challenge, but merely a question
 to gauge some of the responses and justifications I hoped to receive.
;-)

 Cheers.

Paul Ferguson                     |
Network Integration Consultant    |  "All of life's answers are
Alexandria, Virginia USA          |   on TV."
[email protected]     (Internet)    |           -- Homer Simpson
sytex.com!fergp     (UUNet)       |
1:109/229           (FidoNet)     |
         PGP public encryption key available upon request.