Re: dispatches from the front lines of anonymity

 * Reply to msg originally in Cypherpunks             <INET>
 [email protected] (Johan Helsingius) writes:

 BK> Penet.fi will be PGP:s as soon as I get PGP running reliably on the
 BK> Interactive UNIX system I use. This weekend, I hope... But if you all
 BK> keep coming up with other new features I have to add, I don't know how
 BK> long it's going to take.

It must seem a thankless task sometimes, I'm sure.  One thing I noticed
about penet.fi's processing of messages is that it at least scrapes off
the trailing addresses automatically tacked on at the end of every
outgoing message leaving all Fido BBSs.  A test message sent via the
babani remailer arrived anonymously, but with all three lines of the
address footer (see below) attached.  Hardly anonymous...

 > Yes, and preferably at a site outside the US, just for good measure.
 > There is an obvious appeal to having servers outside the jurisdiction of
 > American law-enforcement busybodies.

 BK> Yeah, seems that (and the fact that I have 100% control not only of
 BK> the site but of the network as well) is what has kept anon.penet.fi up
 BK> this long...

Yes, and don't think that we don't appreciate your efforts!

        JN

... Criticism is nothing but a mild form of envy.
--- Blue Wave/Opus v2.12 [NR]
--
John Nieder - via FidoNet node 1:125/555
    UUCP - ...!uunet!hoptoad!kumr!fidogate!33!John.Nieder