Re: Real life pseudonyms (was re: more ideas on anonymity)

	From [email protected] Sun Feb 28 10:48:57 1993

	For instance, can I walk into a U.S. bank, present false ID,
	and obtain a checking account to use for legitimate reasons?

Banking and Tax regulations provide solid legal ground for requiring
banks to verify identity and Tax status in the US.  Answer: no.  By
definition, there are no "legitimate" reasons for having a checking
account in this country that is unaccountable.  There are plenty of
other ways of hiding cash and money transactions without involving the
US banking system.  They don't want you to do this ...

	I'm not stealing any money/products/services from anybody, I'm
	only using a pseudonym.

No, you're just avoiding the accountability of your money.  This is
akin to not reporting income.  It's patently illegal.  You can stand
down your color PostScript printer now ...

/jordan