anon.penet.fi hacking

>The other remailers were supposed to add a "kill line" to do the
>same thing, but as far as I know this never happened.

Your call for this went unacknowledged but nevertheless listened to.
It was not until a week or two after the sig-kill stuff was over that
I came up with a solution.

The next revision of the remailer will have something like

	Body-Termination-Regex: <regex>

The first character in the body that matches the regex, and every
character after it, will be dropped.  This not only makes it a
one-liner in perl (!), but it means that the user can be as
arbitrarily complex in recognizing sig blocks as the are able.
Of course, we'll document the most common of these:

	Body-Termination-Regex: ^--$

For those of you who know nothing about regular expressions, this
recognizes a line containing two minus signs and nothing else.  If
your signature adder does it some other way, it's pretty much
automatically supported.  You could also put more of your signature in
the regex to ensure that it doesn't interfere unexpectedly with body
content.

I hate my sample header field name.  Please, someone think up a better
one.

Eric