Re: crypto in HK

> Greetings from Hong Kong.
>
> I've spent the last couple weeks helping setup Hong Kong SuperNet, the
> first dialup Internet provider in China.
>
> Sudenly last week, it dawned on me!  I'm not in Kansas anymore!  I dont
> have to worry about ludicrous RSA patents, or antiquated export laws!
> In fact there's not much respect for any intelectual property laws
> here, but that's another matter....
>
> So, I have two question's:
>
> First, where (outside of the US) can I ftp (or mirror) the latest
> version of PGP?

Try nic.penet.fi .

> Second, does anyone know where I can find the RSA extensions for ISODE
> (often called the osisec package).  There's an ftp site in the UK, but
> the files are all des'ed, and the person with the key is ignoring my
> e-mail messages.

No idea. I'm sorry.

> brad

Peter.

Peter Murphy - Department of Electrical Engineering,|Phone: 61 - 7 - 300 3452.
University of Queensland: [email protected]  .|------------------------
"Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are|Please do not put any
the same as the wings of angels, although they're   |Heinlein quotes in your
often better groomed." - Terry Pratchett.           |.sig - they're old.