RE: [uk.transport] Speed Camera with OCR

[email protected] (David Mandl) says

>  Hmmm...most drivers I've known would be thrilled to get off with just
>  "embarrassment."  In fact, they'd probably be proud to have it broadcast
>  to everyone else on the road (except the lawmen, naturally) that they'd
>  just been clocked at 110 MPH or whatever.  But somehow, I doubt that this
>  data is used only for embarrassment, don't you?

In practice, it can be hard to use this system for more than embarrassment,
since it works by identifying the car, not the driver. Fortunately, we have
not quite reached the point yet where my license gets the points if I loan
you my car, and you speed.

Soon though...

Linn H. Stanton <[email protected]>

The above opinions are exclusively my own. If anyone else wants them,
they can buy them from me. Easy terms can be arranged.