Re: Beepers can also be used to track you down!

A1 ray arachelian (library) writes:
 > However, I did notice one message from an individual who mentioned that
 > in Britain, some sort of scanners were used to track down unlicensed TV's

That's merely a matter of passively picking up the frequencies put off
by a tv tube.  Drive down a street with a receiver/display and a list
of who paid their tv tax.  That simple.  (My dad used that sort of
gear when he was a spook in the bay area in the early 70s.)