Re: Source Code NOT available for ViaCrypt PGP

On Aug 26,  1:14am, Ed Carp wrote:

> I think he's trying to run ahead of Clipper and the resulting encryption ban.
> Make a lot of $$$ from people by selling them soon-to-be-"useless" software.
>
> What a scam...

Is anyone taking bets on encryption bans?

I can't believe that the public would allow the gov't to get away with
one.  Of course, that's no reason to get complacent.  We still need to
continue flooding the country with decent S/W (non-escrowed)
encryption.

If each user of RIPEM or PGP would get one newcomer to start using it
every month, for example, it would take less than 18 months to get the
whole US covered.

 - Carl