RE: Commercial PGP; trapdoor rumors

In message Fri, 27 Aug 1993 01:46:57 -0400 (EDT),
  Mike Ingle <[email protected]>  writes:

> Will PKP agree to condone the use of the free version for personal
> non-profit communication? They will if they know what's good for their
> bottom line. PGP could become a standard, and they stand to make
> a lot of money off its success.

In April, I talked to Jim Bidzos @ PKP, and he agreed to allow his
licensed RSA code to be built into a PGP compatible freeware program.
I believe some folks at MIT were planning to start work on it...
After all, cypherpunks write code...

Pat

Pat Farrell      Grad Student                 [email protected]
Department of Computer Science    George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Public key availble via finger          #include <standard.disclaimer>