Re: POISON PILL

At 19:29 9/30/93 -0600, J. Michael Diehl wrote:
>How about we take a copy of the public domain bios source, or disassemble one
>ourselves.  We hack the code a bit...  Then we burn a new prom to install into
>our machines.  AND WE EPOXY THE MOTHER TO THE DAMNED BOARD!  We build a card to
>stick in our machine which receives a radio signal which contains a decription
>key to be supplied to the bios hacks mentioned above.  So we use a protable
>radio transmitter to send the password to our machine.  Our bios waits for this
>password for use in decripting the filesystem.  If the bios doesn't get this
>password, it trashes the cmos and does whatever other mean things it wants to.

What interests me the most about this (and similar proposals) is who will
be signing up to test this baby on their own computers.  Oh well, I guess
that's what employer's hardware is for :-)

Michael S. Sattler         [email protected]        +1 (415) 358-3058
Digital Jungle Software    Encrypt now; ask me how.   (finger for PGP key)

  "Don't Panic!" -- Douglas Adams     "Don't Panic.  Stay Cool."  -- PRZ