Re: PGP in FIDO

> Many sorts of status do not require that anyone GRANT you anything.
> Lets say, for example, that you live in state that permits common law
> marriage. In such a state, it is sufficient to think of yourself and
> your S.O. as married, and behave in that manner -- at that point you
> legally are married. (Note that common law marriages are now only
> possible in a few state -- 9 I believe.)

FYI, to be married in this way, you have to declare yourself in public as
married - introducing yourself as someone's husband or wife, for example, is
enough.  But being "common law" married, it's only "legally" - that is, if
one or both parties want to dissolve the marriage and don't want to exercise
their rights, they can just walk away from the marriage.

Texas is such a state.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			[email protected]			510/659-9560
                            [email protected]