Re: PGP in FIDO

In my opinion, few if any BBSs qualify as common carriers. Common carriers
hold themselves out as accepting all goods or passengers (or, in the case
of communications, all messages) indifferently. I know of no sysop who
operates under such a policy, or who would want to.

uunet, in contrast, probably does qualify as a common carrier.

My discussions of legal liability are not grounded in common-carrier law
(in which I'm not yet an expert) but in criminal law and tort law.

--Mike