German writer seeks simple RSA numerical example (fwd)

actually, something like this should be in a FAQ. but please help him out.

===cut=here===

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 02:10:36 CET
From: [email protected] (Peter Simons)
Subject: RSA exmaples required

I'm authoring an article for a german computer magazine about PGP and
the RSA public key scheme and I'd like to include an exmaple for my
mathematical explaination. The problem is, that both factors have to
be quite large to get nice examples.

        p = 5    q = 7

        xy = 4*6+1 = 25         x=5
                                y=5

You see, with smaller factors, x and y are equal or 1 and xy. But a
larger set of factors would require a serious amount of calculations.
:-))

So, does somebody have a nice example for the RSA algorithm ready??

        bye, Peter

- ----- Peter Simons, Germany

                     Bye's First Law of Model Railroading:
        Anytime you wish to demonstrate something, the number of faults
                   is proportional to the number of viewers.