Re: EFF GIF file recall notice: is EFF the new CERT?

I included the GIF warning in EFFector Online for unsuspecting BBS
operators.  Child pornography is not protected speech, and challenging
child pornography laws is not currently on EFF's agenda -- but protecting
BBS sysops from having their systems seized is.  I figured those who sought
to challenge the child pornography laws would poo poo the message.  I guess
I figured right.

BTW, before I ran the article, Mike Godwin and I had a discussion about
whether the *cops* would be angry, thinking we were obstructing justice.  I
guess I just can't win!

I'd like to request that this discussion be taken off the cypherpunks list,
since it is not on point to the list.  O.k. by you?
Shari