Macintosh System 7 Pro, e-mail, encryption

I installed Macintosh System 7 Pro (7.1.1) onto my PowerBook today.  I'd
heard that e-mail was part of the new package, but I was amazed to see how
integral it is.  When you start up for the first time you are asked for a
userid and a password to protect your "PowerTalk Keychain".

A mailbox and a "catalog" appear on your desktop; the latter is a list of
entries in different domains (like AppleTalk, EtherTalk, etc.) so that you
can authenticate yourself on all the places you exist with one login.
E-mail comes free with the system and works automagically when multiple
users install the new system.

I haven't used a lot of this system since it's so new, but I sent this
message because it heralds a new era of turnkey mail/network-identity.  I'm
investigating how this works with AppleEvents to see how PGP can be
seamlessly integrated.

A friend of mine went to the product launch at Apple and got a free
"signed" RSA user identification voucher.

I'd be very interested in hearing from others who have a clue about this stuff.

Michael S. Sattler         [email protected]        +1 (415) 358-3058
Digital Jungle Software    Encrypt now; ask me how.   (finger for PGP key)

      Evil will certainly triumph if good people do nothing at all.