Re: on the cypherpunks mailing list & me

Hmmm well to make a short reply to a long post:

1) your reposts are useful
2) splitting the list likely won't work, but yes something must be done.
alt.cypherpunk is probably the answer.  Most of the "junk posters" would
much rather get this stuff on a flee-able newsgroup, than have it
inescapably dumped in their mbox.
3) your analyses are useful, either negatively or positively, depending
upon the reader's position, but they are not out of place, though some
times a wee bit long.

Just an opinion.

That's about all I have to say on it, though I'm disappointed that you
sorely misinterp'ed the "kiddieporn" list posting.  EFF just want's to
keep people out of jail.  We aren't lackeys for the Justice Dept., nor are
we in favour of the sexual abuse of children.  Either interpretation, by
anyone, is simply not warranted.  The posting of the list is simply to
serve as a means to keep a few more people out of trouble for the time
being, and so far the response is overwhelmingly positive.
 --
DISCLAIMER: This message represents only my OWN opinion, not that of EFF.
Stanton McCandlish    Electronic Frontier Foundation Online Activist