wireless LANs

Well, I've got a wireless LAN up and running at home between my 486/25 and
a 386 laptop - it provides uucp/cu connectivity, and I'll be adding SLIP soon.

If anyone wants to see it working, let me know - I might be able to lug stuff
to the next Cypherpunks meeting.

I've had it running for several months now, and it was put together using all
off-the-shelf compoments.  The controllers cost $110 apiece, the radios are just
amateur radio 2m rigs. It runs at 1200 baud, but it's enough to show that the
system works, and is reliable.  The controllers provide end-to-end reliable
transport, so uucico doesn't have to do so much work.  cu displays are a
bit jerky, but *much* cleaner than on a standard voice-grade (yuck!) PacBell
line here.

-- Ed