From brown Tue Oct 12 13:55:42 1993
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1993 17:55:42 -0400
From: [email protected] (Rita M. Rouvalis)
To: [email protected]
Subject: [[email protected]: Republic of Georgia]
Sender: brown

    From: [email protected] (Joe Davis)
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Republic of Georgia
    Date: Tue, 12 Oct

    Hi,
    Speaking of fronteers and freedom, here is a need for communications
    equiptment for which I have been unable to get any direct help. Any
    chance of posting this on the EFF?
    Good Wishes,
    Joe
    Joe Davis
    [email protected]

    Joe Davis
    Box 15301, Fritz Creek, AK 99603 (907) 235.4069 Email: [email protected]
    Oct. 12, 1993

    Senator Stevens
    Washington DC

    Attn: Senator Stevens
             Anna Kerttula
             Anna KerttulaUs replacement

    Dear Senator Stevens,

    It is appalling what goes on in Georgia. It is a chaos of crime and needs
    direct attention now. Is there nothing that the US can do? Cannot Russia
    control her own boarders and disallow weapons and soldiers to assist in the
    murder of Georgians? How can we loan money to the Russians while this
    continues? And where is the United Nations during this critical time? I am
    faxing you the latest and perhaps the last information from the office of Mr.
    Shevardnadze and his assistant, Dr. Gomelauri. They need medical help,
    communications help, but mostly, UN peace keeping forcer and Russia to keep
    her word on helping to keep the peace. I realize the Russians have had their
    own problems this past week but that does not excuse them for their lack of
    help and allowing of arms and soldiers to attack the Georgians. Please read
    these two short letters I just received via email. Please pass them on to Dr.
    Butros-Ghali of the UN as I have neither his fax number or email address.

    I am very actively searching for grants relative to the communications needs
    of Georgia and as soon as I can find one I will apply and notify you of the
    same. Is there a way to get equipment for a node over there now? You will see
    that they need the freedom to communicate. Dr. Gomelauri of the Georgian
    Academy of Sciences working in conjunction with Mr. Shevardnadze would be the
    first level of priority to receive such equipment. If I can be of any
    assistance, please call on me.

    To sum up this letter:
    1) Georgia needs peace keeping enforcement now.
    2) Georgian needs humanitarian relief now
    3) Georgia needs independent communication abilities now
    4) Georgia needs American friendship

    Thank you,

    Joe Davis

    Attached: letter from Dr. Gomelauri