Electronic Production Costs

When I mentioned the cost of the Julieboard at $125 wired and tested, I said
that volume (say 1,000,000 units) would bring the cost down. I didn't mean to
say that I could build one board from parts myself for less than $125. Using
a commercial manufacturing assembly line on the final product should
lower the cost, figuring efficiency and volume discounts on the components,
and getting the Hell out of Ontario with its high income and value added
taxes will make a big difference.The Julieboard performance/price ratio was
unheard of a few years ago when I looked at the A&A Williams synthesizer.

The author/designer of Julieboard says he has done frequency-hopping spread
spectrum designs, and the next project he publishes for the ham radio market
could be a digital transceiver.

Kent - <[email protected]> "Ask not for whom the bill tolls."