Glitches in PGP Messages

And now for something completely different, a question. Lately I have been the
recipient of PGP encoded messages which look like this:
------Begin PGP Message-------
ssdfkighjsdw'kjojnhsfkassofka[ofk[oaekfowwjkg[owlketglks[orkg[wpokloekfgtfoweo
sadifhjwpiejfowjieffgoweito[ikweo[gikw[oekjg[owkjgokjweljkgw[jfowjhygwrkoettf[
sadfflo
sadkpjfpajf[oqwkfo[qkfo[qekf[oekqffoekfg[wekfgoejfgoiwqekjkff;lqfpkqwep
sd;kljfgfgv'pkisjdfgf'pskjmdgvmeduwelgl;wleiogl;ed;h,./rthledky,elky;elrth;rel
------End PGP Message--------

PGP gives me an error message if I try to decrypt this ciphertext. However, if
I edit the ciphertext beforehand (connecting the two truncated lines) , the
ciphertext can be decrypted. Is this just a glitch in the transmission? What
would cause a text line to be disrupted onto two lines? I suppose it could
occur during downloading or when it is sent thru the NET. My friend uses MacPGP
2.3. This has happened the last two times I have gotten my buddies messages.
Any ideas as to what the possible causes of this simple glitch could be? Thanks.

Scott G. Morham              ! The First,
[email protected]  !            Second
                             !                   and Third
                             !                              Levels of
                             !               Information Storage and Retrieval
                             ! DNA,
                             !      Biological Neural Nets,
                             !                              Cyberspace