CPSR NII Paper

To: [email protected]

B>     COMPUTER SCIENTISTS RAISE SOCIAL AND DESIGN CONCERNS
B>                     ABOUT THE INFORMATION HIGHWAY

B>many dangers on the horizon
B>small number of companies dominate the market
B>companies control the programming
B>pricing structures do not cover universal service
B>privacy isn't protected
B>not designed to allow everyone to communicate freely

B>"To achieve that vision, however, the government must play a major role
B>in the design, development, and regulation of the network."

Commies -- Ya gotta love 'em.

Are there any "designs" for the NII that don't include telephones, email,
and internetworking connections?  Given those, the rest is irrelevent.
Anyone who wants to can build their own virtual networks no matter what
the "service providers" do.

Are these people stupid or just power mad?  Networking is and will
continue to be nearly free.  Who has better network connections with
"universal access" Europeans or Amricans?

Duncan Frissell

"Skim the Cream" "Skim the Cream" "Skim the Cream" -- the next commie that
says that to me is sure going to get his cream skimmed.

--- WinQwk 2.0b#1165