Re: anti-social behavior

T. William Wells says:
> : (Does anyone want to know why I'm so incensed. Check out ASAR for
> : awhile. Understand that this person's behavior, and excuse
> : making, is indistinguishable from the abuse that makes that
> : newsgroup necessary.)
>
> ASAR stands for "alt.sexual.abuse.recovery", a newsgroup I run an
> anonymous server for. This group actually has survivors of all
> sorts of abuse, including the verbal abuse that rjc perpetrated.

Ray was being silly and I don't think his message was productive, but
anyone who cannot deal with someone making a silly and obviously
not-to-be-acted-upon threat is likely to crumple the first time a car
honks at them. I would suggest that such individuals are not the ones
we build society around -- were we to try to do so, almost all human
activity would have to cease. Out in the world there exist people who
are so damaged that the sight of a knife makes them go into a fit.
(The technical name for this condition is balenophobia I belive,
although I am almost sure I have the spelling wrong). We have not as a
society decided to eat with chopsticks to keep such people from being
confronted with things that scare them.

Perry