Re: Signing our keys

"Eric Hughes" writes...

> RSA is running a persona certificate server for PEM keys.

> They don't ask for anything.  Their latest brochure
> diagrams these as "anonymous internet users."  I don't
> know the address, but I do know that six months ago it was
> running and being tested.

Here's an extract from the latest RSA Newsletter:

------------

_RSA Certificate Services Center Opens for Business_

Last month, the RSA Certificate Services Center (CSC) officially opened for
business.  Right now, today, you can obtain real certificates with your name,
public key, and organizational affiliation safely embedded in a
cryptographically tamper-proof digital document.

[stuff deleted]

GETTING A CERTIFICATE

There are two primary types of certificates that are supported by the RSA
Certificate Service Center: affiliated and unaffiliated.

[stuff deleted]

There are three ways to get a certificate:

[stuff deleted]

3. You can purchase individual unaffiliated certificates directly from the CSC.

[stuff deleted]

For more information contact George Parsons, CSC Manager, at 415/595-8782.

[email protected]