No Subject

Dear friends,

      I am new to this group but interested in cryption and encryption
     and also about Public keys and Private keys.

     The only thing I know about them is that I have read their man pages
     on the Sparc stations. But I donot still know where to look in for
     the Public and the Private keys and how to change them etc.

     Could someone be kind enough to give me a little
    i/p that how should I proceed on to become a cypherpunk on this
    mailing list.

    I know it might be awkward for many of you. But I guess I have to start
    somewhere.

                                  ----Thanking in advance

                                      Hardayal Singh