Re: MIT Keyserver

> > I am sorry to announce that the PGP Keyserver at pgp.mit.edu
> > (a.k.a. toxicwaste.mit.edu) has to be shut down.  The processes involved
>
> > The keyserver will remain down for an indefinite period of time.
> > Unfortunately there is nothing I can do at this time.  I'm sorry for
> > the inconvenience this may cause.
> > -derek
> - -----END OF PGP DECRYPTED TEXT-----
> OK this is the second keyserver to go down in a month.
>
> Anyone want to tell us why?
> Derek, I appreciate that you can't prevent it but a little more
> explanation of why would be much appreciated too.

Yes, please.  Don't feel badly that you were coerced, I'm sure we
understand untenable positions.  But keeping the nature of the
coersion secret can only encourage it.

Of course, by the lack of a reason, we can only assume that whoever
'it' was, it was 'big' enough to either scare you or threaten you with
some action if you talked...

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams  Local Internet Gateway Co.; SDW Systems 513 496-5223APager
LIG dev./sales       Internet: [email protected] CIS [email protected]