Re: Graynet

[email protected] (Nick Szabo) forwarded to us the following:

> Forwarded from comp.infosystems:

> Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1993 06:03:34 UTC
> Subject: Information
>
>      INFORMATIONAL REPORTS
>
> - How to trick pay phones into thinking you deposited money

Oh, wow, such info!  The old red box trick!  In fact, I'd be willing to
bet it doesn't even explain how to build a red box, it probably just
tells you something dumb like to call a pay phone and then have a friend
answer it and put in money while you record the tones.

Of course, it probably doesn't even mention how easy it is to make free
calls from COCOTs!

> - How to clone cellular phones

More like "how to use an EPROM burner".

> - How to make traffic lights turn green by remote control

Yup, just like the firemen do.

> - How to build and use a bugging device

As if every amateur electronics book didn't explain this.

> - How to make your electric meter go backwards

Yeah, back up your electric meter by 1 unit and get charged for
999,999,999 kilowatthours. :)

> - How to get cable TV for free

As if we haven't seen this one before.

> - How to create your own pirate TV or radio station

Oh, how informative!  As if any idiot couldn't get a book from his local
library that explains how to build a radio transmitter.  If anyone here
seriously doesn't know how to build a radio transmitter, may I direct
you to: [email protected]

> $10 each, or all for $40.  For informational purposes only.
> Send self-addressed, stamped envelope.  Make checks or
> money orders out to Kardos.

If you would like to make a donation to ripoff-scams-of-america please
send money, along with credit card numbers and any other valuables to: