Authorized cash?

I recall a few months ago there was some discussion of having David
Chaum come out and work with some cypherpunks to get them started on
an implementation of digital cash.  Did anything ever come of that?

Chaum has a patent, I've heard, on the "blinding" that is an important
part of at least the simpler cash proposals.  If he were willing to
authorize a cypherpunks cash system it would remove one legal hurdle
to its implementation.  Does anyone know whether he might be willing to
do this?

Hal