Re: Censorship/Forum dispute on the list

Black Unicorn writes :

> I propose the following solution.  Which probably will never be
> implemented, but I won't be able to sleep till I present it.
>
> 1>  A second list be established.  [email protected].
> 2>  The list be dominated by a charter providing that:
>     A> All who apply are welcome.
>     B> LD shall be appointed moderator for the purpose of
>     maintaining the content of postings, but not to regulate
>     users who may receive the list.

Detweiler already has another list ('cypherwonks') that is looking into issues
like electronic democracy, cyberspatial ethics, etc. Is this the sort of thing
you had in mind? I don't know whether he actually moderates the list in the
sense of filtering the postings, but he bills himself as the 'cypherwonks
janitor' in the welcome message and certainly takes an active interest in the
progress of the discussions.

Philippe D. Nave, Jr.   | The person who does not use message encryption
[email protected]   | will soon be at the mercy of those who DO...
Denver, Colorado USA    | PGP public key: by arrangement.