Re: VOTE: Proposition desist: no

> Shut Detweiler out of the cpunx list?
> 	no.
>
> I have no problem skipping his posts;

I have a problem with people skipping Detweiler posts, and
then assuming they have the knowledge needed to vote on this
issue.   A glaring example of the failings of democracy.
Ignorance of what Detweiler has posted is about the only reason one
would justify the presence of somebody whose posts are intended to
harass and disrupt the list, by slandering and threatening its members.
The Extropians list with its filtering which keeps out net stalkers and
harassers, has become superior to this highly disrupted
list, and unfortuneately I've had to move much of my cypherpunks-related
posting over there (eg an excellent thread we've had on "Graynet").
This doesn't stop Detweiler from attacking me via anon.penet.fi
in front of the entire world on Usenet and RISKS, but filtering
would keep at least this formerly high quality list sane.

My thanks go out to Doug Barnes, Derek Upham, Eli Brandt, Eric
Hughes, others who've helped out in the efforts to defend ourselves
against this threat, and to Hal Finney et. al. for continuing to
post high-quality material to cypherpunks among the flames.

Nick Szabo				[email protected]