Re: Dining with the Cryptographer

Ed Carp writes:
> >    Since neither of us had ever really been to Dallas as an actual
> > destination, we bought a map in Troy. (Home of the fighting Trojans.)
>
> Dallas is easy - get on I-35 and go NORTH...

Finding something that is vaguely considered to be Dallas is easy, finding
any particular location inside Dallas is not....

> >    He had come to Dallas not for a convention, but rather to work with
> > a company that is implementing his smartcard technology for automated
> > toll collection equipment. "It's hard to do this protocol in such a
> > narrow window, but we're getting there. If the car is doing 60, there
> > just isn't much time."
>
> The North Dallas Tollway already *has* such a gadget.  Pretty cool, too...

Yes, we noticed them as we made our way to the meeting.  Pretty cool if you
have any particular desire to have your movements tracked at some future
point, but those of us who would rather not have a barcode stamped on our
head or car would probably not share your enthusiasm...

> Oh .. did you ever figure out why he called *you*???

He noticed a posting of mine regarding our Digital Credit Union.

jim