NOTICE: EFF & UUNet downtime, Nov. 11

UUNet is moving all of their Falls Church VA routers and network
connections to another location.  Their 800 numbers will also be unavailable.
All sites, such as eff.org, feeding from the Falls Church UUNet site will
be unavailable during the move.

This starts Saturday, Dec. 11 at 9am EST.  UUNet 800 numbers should be
back up by 11am, as should backbone links & 56K/T1 service.  All the
downstream nodes, including EFF's site, should be available by then,
except for those using SLIP/PPP, which may not be restored until 3pm.
ALL UUNet feeds should be available by 3pm or so.

According to UUNet:

>If you experience problems with your connection after Saturday night
>please contact the Network Operations Center at 1-800-827-4864 or
>send email to [email protected].

Sorry for the upset.

--
Stanton  McCandlish  [email protected]  1:109/1103   EFF  Online  Activist & SysOp
O P E N  P L A T F O R M   C R Y P T O P O L I C Y   O N L I N E  R I G H T S