Re: USENET on a tape, and future privacy

> I was just thinking.  My roommate mentioned that he saw an ad for
> a service available in europe.  They send you an 8mm tape evey week
> that has all the USENET traffic on it.  I was thinking that a large
There is also a company in Vancouver B.C. that will sell you a
subscription to USENET on CDROM. Each CD contains about a week of
traffic (the cost is something like US$20 per CD). They CDs don't
include traffic from certain newsgroups (mostly the sex related
ones. I guess they don't want to get busted for distributing
obscene material).

I can dig up contact information, if anyone is interested. I spoke
with one of their representatives a while back, and they apparently
have sold subscriptions to various government agencies in the U.S.
and Canada.

Mark

--
Mark Henderson      [email protected] (personal account)
RIPEM and ViaCrypt PGP 2.4 keys available by key server/finger/E-mail