Re: Cypherpunks-related Cartoons

Great idea!   I'll keep an eye out.

I have a "Calvin and Hobbes" taped to the wall next to my workstation that
is perhaps remotely related to things Cypherpunk.    It is more closely
related to technology in general.  Anyways, it goes something like this...

[Calvin and Hobbes are walking through the woods]

Calvin:

"You know, Hobbes, it seems the only time most people go outside is to
walk to their cars.

"We have houses, electricity, plumbing, heat...Maybe we're so sheltered
and comfortable that we've lost touch with the natural world and forgotten
our place in it.  Maybe we've lost our awe of nature.

"That's why I want to ask you, as a tiger, a wild animal close to nature,
what you think we're put on earth to do.  What's our purpose in life?  Why
are we here?"

Hobbes:  [contemplates]

"We're here to devour each other alive."

Calvin:  [stunned/blank look on his face, runs into his house]

"Turn on the lights!  Turn up the heat!"

[email protected]