Re: Bobby Inman

In article <[email protected]> you write:
>From [email protected]  Fri Dec 17 08:19:53 1993
>From: [email protected] (Timothy C. May)
>Subject: Re: Bobby Inman
>Cc: [email protected]
>> There was some mentions that he spend some time in the private sector
>> since "then". Anybody knows what he was doing?
>>
>> Pierre Uszynski
>He was head of MCC in Austin for several years and then his own
>company, a kind of high-tech holding company (Westmark was the name, I
>think).
>--Tim May

If my memory serves me correctly Inman's Westmark was involved in the
buying and selling of Tracor a few year back.  Although I'm not sure on
that one.
Also of note he was(is?) on the board of directors for a Austin
based PC company.  I don't know what role he played or if he
was just on the board for the money.

I think it will be interesting to see his opinions on things like,
the "fall" of communism, the "crapper" chip, ITAR, etc...  I would not
like to be on this guy's bad side...  If anyone finds out when the
confirmation hearings are going to be, it would be nice to know in time
to setup the VCR...

Good or bad this guy could radically alter the face of crypto policy
in the US, much quicker than congress, or most anyone else could act.

--