A New Enemy

Hello, I just thought I would show one of my most hostile hate mail
messages I have seen so far, from someone I didn't even know was my
enemy. This was really painful.  This was posted to the public
cypherpunks list in Colorado moderated and founded by N.Sammons. I have
met members at the first meeting and the more recent PRZ lecture.

I have found I don't even have any friends in the Colorado group
either, despite my belief up to this point to the contrary. I was
thrown off the list without my knowledge, supposedly because someone
asked. I swear, I had not written a single annoying thing on that list
in my LIFE and hadn't posted for MONTHS and I was censored.  This is
really getting ugly, getting out of control. Whatever happened to, `its
just ASCII text'?

Look everyone, I apologized to every cypherpunk in the world in my
posting, Embarrassment, Humiliation, Shame, and an Apology, for my past
actions on this list. Please reread this to see that I was sincere.
These further efforts just amount to beating a man when he is down.
This stuff is getting extremely vicious. I took a vacation and have
really mellowed out, I assure you. Have you seen any disruptive
postings by me here at all? I have stopped! I'm just out in the
newsgroups, nothing else. Not even touching your list. Do you begrudge
me even that? Please do not send me such painfully excruciating searing
spiteful mail. I really do have feelings. I am just another human being.

By the way, I will let you in on a secret. I admit that I was really
out of control a few weeks ago.  But you know what? Here is my dirty
little secret. The only reason that I was able to harass you guys so
much was that you reacted to it. If you trully followed your own
philosophies, such as taking all text impartially (`there is only a
message') I would have gone away a long time ago.

The amazing secret: if something *really* offends you, the most
devastating response is to IGNORE IT. That bastard S.Boxx seems to
understand this. He is *driven* by responses to flamebait, clearly.
Ignore him and he will go away. I ask that everyone distinguish between
me and S.Boxx. He is the one causing all the trouble now, and I have
nothing to do with it. Forward him all your vicious hate mail comparing
him to Stalin. If you continue to attack me for something from every
lame anonymous address in the world, perhaps you will successfully
drive me to the madness you claim I am in!

As far as this person's threats, I would advise the author that the
postmaster bit hasn't worked so far. Please do not bother my
postmaster. There is no need. I HAVE STOPPED, DAMNIT! The author does
say he has extensive L.D. archives. Mine are in disarray. If anyone
wants any of my past rants to try to blacken me further, contact him
for the exact one.

p.s. edited to preserve anonymity.

===cut=here===