Coming Soon From A Tentacle Near You...

This message was posted here a while ago, describing all of the nasty things
we have in store for us. Right now we seem to be enjoying Operations SQUISH
and Octopus. What else do you suppose he has in mind?

From:   smtp%"[email protected]"  3-JAN-1994 02:01:08.99
To:     smtp%"[email protected]"
CC:
Subj:   Current Operational Status

We (operation Cyberanarchist Repression and Poison) thought you might
like an update of our current status and future plans. We have been
extremely busy! So much has happened lately! Remember when we said,

> You have 24 hours before we
>launch our next cyberspatial strike.

That was a reference to Operation Tick-Tick-Tick. We were really
delighted with the outcome of this attack, we made very significant
gains in our campaign, and there were some stellar fireworks. The
sequence of Usenet posts equating cyberanarchists with drug users and
Sodomites found great response. The Cyberanarchist glossary was
unchallenged! We nailed the [email protected] tentacle mercilessly, and
he is afraid to show his sickly green face any more.  The Pit Bull (His
Royal Eminence) showed up to make a fatal mistake in exposing the Szabo
tentacle, and we nailed him some too (his brilliant smear tactics give
us more ideas ourselves!). As usual, Emminent Eric has been rather
quiet. We did spoof him spectacularly with that Apology feint. `I never
wanted a brainwashed follower.' `Democracy stinks.' `I am the anti Christ.'
Ha, ha.

Tantalizing Timmy showed up a bit `out there' to further whine, evade,
and threaten, and tell us that he doesn't know anything about drugs! He
says he has a gun, and isn't afraid to use it! Fantastic! `The rumors
about high level conspiracies and drug use are false' he says. Ooops,
have you talked to Ingenuous John? (hee, hee). You guys really have to
work on getting your stories straight. It's pretty pathetic. As for the
BS, we don't know who it is you saw at your last Cypherpunk party and
their California IDs. Must have been some cardboard cutouts! Oh, what
fun. This is all in addition to the shrapnel wounds on the public lists
(we have no comment on the private ones!).

We appreciate your feedback in all areas. What did you think of the
delightful poetry? How about the Nazi Espionage story? That brought
tears to our eyes when we thought how much your own Big Macs have
surpassed the Fuhrer in their own present glories and future ambitions.
Perhaps the people `out there' on Usenet will be similarly impressed ... ?

===

Nevertheless, the Big Macs don't seem to understand that we have long
since lost interest in the tentacle exorcisms, although we like to
continue to play to keep our practice. We have graduated to the Big
Leagues and they are still scratching their crotches in the minors.
Full fledged exposure! The Cypherpunk Credit union for money
laundering! the black markeeting! the tax evasion! The lies in the
media! The secret mailing lists! Thank you so much for finally coming
clean (or at least opening a few windows to diminish the stench) in
some key areas. Our next projects should help encourage you to continue
this wonderful Glasnost, where before we had the KGB.

Once again, we remind you that you can relent and surrender at any
time. Some of the things we are interested in at the moment:

1. Further information on the media deceptions in Wired and NYT. These
are very difficult to unravel.

2. A complete status report of the TX bank and CA credit union. Maybe
some more info on the `real' Chaum link.

3. A complete comment by the Big Macs on their knowledge and
involvement in pseudospoofing and all the `quasi-legal' activities.

4. A complete list of all the secret mailing lists. Your subscribers to
this list would probably be interested in this too, why not post it
publicly? After all, they don't know that all the *real* development is
being done under the table. Kind of ironic, too, how long people were
asking for a `list split', not knowing that it had already been done in
secret. Ah, a pity, but that is your modus operandi.

But, since in the true spirit of warfare we must be prepared for any
eventuality, including the continued persistence and tenacity of the
enemy. So you know, here are some of the operations we are planning
over the coming weeks and months, listed in scale of seriousness and
potency.

Operation SQUISH - a very sophisticated and comprehensive simultaneous
attack on many fronts that will involve a `grass roots' approach vs.
the last `top down' attack in the newsgroups. Medusa keeps asking for
our complete knowledge. This will lay it all out on the table for
everyone to examine -- a complete list of tentacles, Small Fries, Big
Macs, Poison Needles, Medusa Sisters, and Medusa. It will also be a bit
disorienting for you in the spirit of our favorite tactics of
`polymorphic paragraphs'. You really seem to get a buzz from that. If
you think that the last Usenet strike was bad, wait 'til you see what
happens with this one!

Operation Octopus - this is the multiple pseudonym and agent project.
We plan to have at least a dozen (hence the name) posting
simultaneously to many different lists and the newsgroups. But the
overhead on this is very significant, and it will take us awhile to
gear up and build the infrastructure to the point we can `engage'. You
have seen more of these agents lately `out there', but our coordinated
attack will take some more planning.

Hopefully, these operations will crack the nut. It is already wobbling,
splintering, chipping, and shaking. But this is a tough nut to crack.
The following operations are far more insidious and devastating. We
have been hinting about them in various places. They are our `secret
weapons' -- the will require some further developments, but will be
immensely effective in destabilizing your technology and `movement'.

Operation Duplicity - extremely top secret. Let's just say, you will be
seeing double, and triple, and quadruple, and ...

Operation Apocalypse - extremely top secret. Let's just say, Robert
Morris and Richard Depew would be proud ...

Of course, in the meantime your list will be subject to the same
drizzle of froth that has you so excited lately. And we'll probably
recycle some of our better artillery to strategic positions `out there'
on Usenet some more. We wish to thank T.C.May personally for all the
stellar ideas in Reputation Assault and Cyberspatial Sabotage. What's
good for the criminal is good for the police, so to speak!

Finally, just to let you know, we are going to take a momentary
breather here and scale back all the current operations somewhat to
reorganize and retrench before the next onslaught, so enjoy the
respite. Happy New Year!

p.s. you might want to see this below. This software and attack report
was part of our last strike, Operation Tick-Tick-Tick. The software for
the new operations is far more complex (you know how difficult it is
e.g. to track multiple identities well), partly the reason for the delay.

[Long shell script and its output deleted]

Key ring: 'pubring.pgp'
Type bits/keyID   Date       User ID
pub  1024/9C0865 1993/10/12  W.Meredith <Genie [email protected]>
                             W.MEREDITH <GENIE>
                             Bill Meredith
                             BILLM3
pub  1024/2DF719 1993/08/11  Raidar <nowhere - use encrypted address>
                             Do not send this key to key servers!
pub  1024/77308D 1993/08/05  WhiteBeard 77308D  <[email protected]>
pub  1024/7C06F1 1993/04/05  J. Michael Diehl, 3, <[email protected]>
pub  1024/EB2B0D 1993/07/28  Victor A. Borisov aka blaster <[email protected]>
pub  1024/C0EA49 1993/08/30  Anonymous Remailer <[email protected]>
pub  1022/ABFBB3 1992/12/02  remailer03 <>
pub  1024/69464F 1993/09/11  Sameer's Remailer <[email protected]>
pub  1024/9E3311 1993/09/02  Sameer's Remailer <[email protected]>
pub  1024/567449 1993/09/01  Sameer's Remailer <[email protected]>
pub   512/606225 1993/08/11  Zaphraud ([email protected])
pub  1024/569A09 1993/07/31  Mike Ingle <[email protected]>
12 key(s) examined.