Re: Lobbying/Politics/etc.

Jim Sewell writes:

>        The term Cypherpunks is amorphous, thus subject to use and abuse
>        by the masses.  When people like Jeff Davis and Phill Zimmermann
>        say "The cypherpunks are generally opposed to Clipper" it makes us
>        an "organization" which, like it or not, does have representatives
>        and agendas.

No, it makes Messrs. Davis and Zimmerman guilty of overstepping their
bounds by acting as though they speak on behalf of the amorphous group
which makes up this mailing list.  My saying that midget Lithuanian
plumbers are generally opposed to the free sale of chocalate cherry
cordials doesn't make it so.

Mr. Zimmerman doesn't represent _me_.  I question whether Mr. Davis
represents even _himself_.

If you want to play lobbyist, go ahead.  Leave me out of it.

--
Lefty ([email protected])