Support cocaine dealers' privacy rights!

Whatever we may think about tyrannical attacks by prosecutors on innocent
cocaine kings based on wiretaps totally violating their rights of privacy, it
is precisely these events that create support for Clipper, from TLAs and the
public alike.

[email protected]:

> Concerning the following, Duncan Frissell makes an excellent point we should
> all consider seriously:

> One of the city's largest bookies was busted when the Feds intercepted the
> daily fax transmissions summarizing business results sent from his NY
> office to his Florida home.
>
> A major cocaine dealer is facing prosecution based on written transaction
> records seized at his office.  His simple code was broken by a "known
> plaintext attack" when investigators were able to match his written
> notations with transaction information derived from wiretaps.
>
> Can't anyone help these people?  Maybe 178th Street needs PGP and Secure
> Drive more than the PC Expo.
>
> You are absolutely correct!  For too long, licensed Attourneys and Certified
> Public Accountants have been making comfortable careers representing clients
> from the, shall we say, "underworld."  It is time for cryptographic experts
> to be recognized as the true professionals they are and proudly join the
> ranks of other professionals who represent thieves, extortionists, junkies,
> drug dealers, embezzelers, etc.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                          [email protected]
Voicemail +91 11 3760335; Vox/Fax/Data 6853410
H-34C Saket New Delhi 110017 INDIA

The National Short-Sleeved Shirt Association says:
                                             Support your right to bare arms!