Re: Anonymous phone calls...

>Maybe in Norway you do, but not here.  The Orange Cards were
>completely anonymous, I think, and there's certainly no reason that a
>card system couldn't be set up that is anonymous if those weren't.

prepaid cards can be set up to work anonymously, sure. Unfortunately, the
one making this decision (the network operator) is more concerned with toll
fraud and usage statistics. E.g. the german telekoms payphone log the time
of a call and the serial number of the prepaid card. (And the only one
reading their publications (and complaining) is the CCC, which has not
quite the right reputation to raise the newspapers attention)