Re: The ITARs

> >    Are there any bills being considered for congress which would
> >    remove cryptography from the munitions umbrella ?
> >
> > HR3627, sponsored by Maria Cantwell.
>
> EFF was soliciting letter in email for Rep. Cantwell that they would
> print out and deliver.  Are they still doing this?  And what's the
> status of the bill?

<[email protected]> still works to my knowlege, I haven't seen anything from
DC to the contrary.  The status is that it is sponsored and I don't know if
it's gone to commitee yet or not.  But it's still very alive.
--
PGP PUBLIC KEY via finger!  JAFEFFM  Speaking & Thinking For Myself!

* [email protected]			email [email protected] *
*** O U T L A W S  On The  E L E C T R O N I C  F R O N T I E R ****
***** Committed to Free Public Internet Access for World Peace *****