Re: A CC of my letter to [email protected]

Dave Otto (the Wizard of TOTOSoft) writes:
 > Mike McNally says:
 >  > a chip whose production is subsidized by the government would probably
 >  > be pretty cheap.         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >
 > Your tax dollars at work.

True, of course, but looking at things as they are today a lot of my
tax dollars are long gone into the pockets of the contractors and NSA
people who did the design.  A commercial product not using Clipper is
at a disadvantage from the get-go.  Seems to me this is already true,
and short of exploiting the "investment gap" created in the Clipper
project by the inherent waste and inefficiency of Government-driven
projects, it'd be tough.  Certainly, there's a tremendous marketing
problem (which, I realize, our evangelism might help ameliorate).

--
| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <[email protected]>       |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO.          ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX:        |