Re: Here they come...

>Date: Wed, 11 May 1994 11:21:55 -0400
>From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email protected]>
>
>"Jim Sewell" says:
>>   Unfortunately, newsgroups like alt.sex.bestiality and erotica picture
>>   groups make this point hard to defend against.
>
>Alt.sex.bestiality is full of jokes about bestiality, not real
>suggestions about it. There are no newsgroups devoted to pedophillia,
>nor are pedophiles a visible presense in the erotic pictures newsgroups.

There is an occasional gif of bestiality in alt.sex.bestiality, but if
potential net.cops want pictures to make them sick when they look at them,
alt.binaries.pictures.tasteless is much better for that.

At my company, it is considered to be sexual harrassment if a female finds
out that I have a pornographic gif on my computer, even if I never display
it.  Apparently, just the knowledge that this material exists creates a
"hostile" environment.

Since viewing pornography is one of my few remaining vices, I am very
concerned with this issue.  I do not need cryptography for planning terrorist
attacks, but it may not be long before the majority decide that the existance
of girlie pictures is an affront to women everywhere, and must be stamped out.

In that case, I will probably revert to being a criminal.  Hopefully by then
the cryptographic tools to work around the law will be well-honed.

I have heard that in Canada it is already illegal to even possess drawings
or stories that depict pedophilia.  I am sure that many Americans would have
no objection to similar laws.

tw